Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Week 5 - 6/15/2016


By this time next week I'll be in Panama.... Soooooooooo excited. I just want to tell you how much I love all of you. And also how well our little lessons have been going in the MTC. Sometimes our teachers act as investigators and we have to teach them. So its kind of hard to feel the spirit when you know that they are members. But this past week I tried to wipe that from my mind and that they really are investigators. And when I did so, I felt the spirit soooo strong. And felt him guide my lessons and help my companion say what he needed to say. There was one point where I heard loud and clear, SHARE THIS SCRIPTURE NOW, and after that lesson my teacher said it was one of our bests. Also another cool experience is with our real investigator, we commited him to baptism, so we were teaching about commandments like tithing and the Palabra de Sabiduria (Word of Wisdom). So we told him to read the pamphlets about them. When we came back he was so stoked to pay tithing. He wanted to pay it right then and there. And then the next lesson we taught about the word of wisdom and read straight out of D&C 89. We asked if there was any problems with that and he said he likes to drink coffee and alcohol. So we told him that he will be blessed beyond believe if he tried his best to stop. and if he seeked help from God hed receive that help. He them proceeded to say, " If God says to not drink, then I won't do it anymore!" pretty cool. He's a really awesome guy and I love him so much. But we don't get to teach him anymore because they turned him over to the missionaries in his area. Anyways I'll be heading to Panama on Tuesday so if you want to send me anything now's the time. I love all of you and love this Gospel. It has been the best thing in my life. And I thank all of you for your support and for your love during the hard times we all had these past 2 months. Dad is still with us and will always be. Keep up the faith. Peace out.
Elder McCoy


No comments:

Post a Comment